Having a clean carpet in the office or at home is always a delight. It makes the room look nice, and it adds a sweet aroma to the room. Professional carpet cleaning hammersmith use different cleaning methods to clean carpets. Each method has its advantages and disadvantages. Carpet cleaning methods can be placed into two categories.
These include dry and wet cleaning methods. Dry carpet cleaning method involves using chemical foams or powders applied using special machines with cylinders, pads or brushes while wet cleaning involves using an absorbent pad to clean the carpet.
Carpet Cleaning Methods
It’s also known as steam cleaning or water extraction. In this method, the carpet is pre-conditioned with a chemical reagent that liquefies oil substances and other particles like soil present in the carpet. Water is then heated to close to its boiling point then it is injected into the carpet and after about 15 minutes, the solution is extracted using a vacuum.
- It is the most widely used carpet cleaning method. It is recommended by carpet manufacturers and professional carpet cleaners.
- It removes soiling from deep in the fiber
- One can use chemical concentrates, high pressure, and temperatures.
- It permits an extended dwell to allow the cleaning solvents react.
- It takes a long time to dry
- For maximum efficiency, expensive equipment are required.
Cleaning with an absorbent pad
This carpet cleaning method is also known as bonnet cleaning, and it is often used for regular light carpet maintenance. The carpet is vacuumed then a chemical solution is sprayed on it using an electric sprayer or a hand pump. This solution stays on the carpet allow reaction. An absorbent bonnet or pad that looks like a towel is then placed on the drive block of the rotary floor machine and spun over the surface of the carpet at 200 rpm-300rpm. This action impregnates the carpet fibers with a chemical solution and then picks it up with the dirt afterwards.
- It is inexpensive, simple and fast
- It provides excellent results with lightly stained carpets.
- It is incapable of reaching the deep fibers
- Chemicals and dirt may accumulate at the bottom of the fibers
Dry cleaning with an absorbent compound
In this method, a powder is mixed with cleaning agents and special solvents which are worked into the fiber using a machine that is fitted with rotating brushes. The chemical used absorbs the dirt on the carpet, and it is vacuumed up after it settles in the carpet for about 15 minutes.
- It is a simple carpet cleaning method with no special training required.
- The carpet dries very fast.
- The powder can get trapped in the carpet fibers and may build with time.
- Can create dust build up in the home
- It is unable to clean deep down the carpet